Thursday 28 January 2016

Those moments...

Do you have those moments as a parent?

Those days where you just think, why? Why am I doing this?

When the screaming and the crying and the tantrums seem like way too much?

I had one of those day this week, I was overwhelmed and exhausted and I just thought I had done all I could possibly do as a mother and it still wasn't enough.

It wasn't frustration at the kids, it wasn't anger at them. It was disappointment in myself. I felt as though I was letting the children down. Like I wasn't enough for them, like the needed more from me. More that I just couldn't give them. It hurt my heart, it hurt my brain and by the time Mr came home I was a hopeless mess.

Im lucky, because he gets it. He comes home and he takes control. He is my life saver, my one and only and he makes the roller coaster of parenting so much easier.

That night I tucked my beautiful boys into bed, I kissed their heads, read their books and cuddled them tightly. I stroked the hair behind their ears and looked into their beautiful blue eyes and do you know what I saw?

I saw the love they have for me as a mother, I saw my reflection staring back at me and I realised,

I am enough, I am all that they need.

Every one has their good days and their bad days, mums, dads, sisters and brothers. Some days are hard, some days are wonderful.

But as a Mother, I ensure that every day is completely full of love.

Thats my job and I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy :)